Summer is always longer in Dubai; it normally starts from March till September. You’ll be lucky if October gives you a pleasant breeze of air. For us who reside here, we already know how to battle the weather without losing our style and breaking our banks. Here are some of the key pieces you need to know/invest and keep them in wardrobe. It doesn’t have to be a lot of pieces but it needs to be in good/high quality.
- A good pair of linen trousers and chinos.
- Button down shirt in linen or cotton / Tunic or collared.
- Cotton mix Polo shirt for a smart casual look.
- Cotton mix jumper in case it gets colder inside the cinema.
- A good quality White/Navy T’s, a simple or plain sneaker that could match with any color (preferably white).
- Light Denim Jacket / Bomber Jacket. Light weight Kimono for someone who is more experimental.
- Navy Blazer made with breathable material.
- Pastel colored shorts are also good investment.
- A good pair of sunnies like Wayfarers and Aviators. Straw-hat Mandals / Sandals.
Did I mention high quality!? Yes, indeed… because these pieces will never go out of style and can be worn many times or summer after summer. These pieces can also be worn with other ensembles you have accumulated in the past as long as it’s in immaculate or good condition. We did a photo shoot last weekend and here are some of the pieces We have accumulated in the past and brought them into life after being stocked in the box for nearly a year, some are even more than that.
Tip: Collect Silica Gel as many as you can. Here’s WHY – it is used as a desiccant to control local humidity to avoid spoilage or degradation of some goods. Because silica gel can have added chemical indicators and absorbs moisture very well. – Got this from google put them in your archived clothes or anything that don’t react well with moisture such as leather goods.